Our client is a shipping conglomerate within the oil tanker market segment and is looking to hire an experienced Tanker Charterer in their Singapore office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an existing Chartering Manager in a ship-owning entity, Tanker Broker, or a Freight Trader within the DPP market in Asia looking to play a pivotal role in a senior position reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Monitor open positions and procure employment for the vessels, including spot, contracts of affreightment, consecutive voyages, time charter, and period business that enhance the earnings of the vessels.
- Properly and timely convey voyage instructions, charter party terms, and other information relevant to the voyage and/or employment to the vessels to other parties and maintain a close dialogue with vessel operators.
- Analyze voyage P+Ls from the commencement of voyage through to completion and ensure freight and demurrage are invoiced correctly and received in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain relations with customers.
- Mentoring a small team of Chartering Executives
Please note that this role requires you to be already based in Singapore and mandarin speaking ability will be an advantage although not mandatory.
Please get in touch with @ Brijesh Mongia for a private and confidential discussion at firstname.lastname@example.org