Our client is a market-leading ship owner and the success of their business is built on the principle of empowering employees across all levels to make their own decisions, as well as gaining a deep understanding of specific customer needs. They have a modern fleet of state-of-the-art technology with greener fuels and smart technology!
They are looking to strengthen their in-house Technical capabilities by hiring a Technical Superintendent - Oil Tankers/Chemical Tankers to join their Singapore office.
1. Degree in Marine Engineering with a Chief Engineer sailing background;
2. Experience within Marine Industry as a Technical/Fleet Superintendent on oil Tankers with prior dry-docking experience is a MUST!
- The Technical Superintendent's duties shall include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitoring and providing technical support and guidance to the external manager;
- Oversee and support the external manager during Dry-dock and major repairs; Schedule and unscheduled maintenance repairs; Survey, audit, and inspections.
- Be overall responsible for technical budget, cost control, and optimization of the technical operations;
- Oversee that all items pertaining to health, safety, security, and pollution prevention are regularly checked to achieve high standards of safety
- Maintains contact with Classification societies, trade associations, Government bodies, and other organizations that may be helpful to carry out the assigned duties and responsibilities;
- To carry out periodical inspection of vessels, formulate an up-gradation plan and follow-up progress with the external manager and the vessel;
- Handling Hull & Machinery insurance matters;
- Liaise with commercial department to ensure that customers' needs are being met and the vessels being adequately manned;
- Support and take part in our new building projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a rapidly expanding company that is doing really well. You will have the chance to share your ideas and help develop the company further, as well as your own skills. Additionally, a competitive salary; pension, and children's education are provided! So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please contact Brijesh Mongia at firstname.lastname@example.org for a private and confidential discussion.