Responsible for compliance and implementation of vetting criteria for the voyage and Time chartered ships. Responsible for vessel clearance/screening process for vessels proposed for business. Provide 24x7 support to chartering and Cargo operations department in the ship screening/clearance process with minimum delay. Regularly inputs/feedback on new industry requirements and upgrading/implementing same in screening process upon approval. Provide support to the operations department for various marine matters. Contribute to reviewing Company marine procedures and provide input for continuous improvement.
- Maintain vessel clearance and terminal vetting system
- Develop, review, and control marine-specific operating procedures and policies
- Manage field and desktop safety audits, inspection, and qualification of tanker vessels and barges, and load ports
- Monitor the operational, environmental, and safety performance of time charter vessels, and support the Shipping team in cost management
- Alternate Point of contact for Marine Incidents and Emergency Management Team
- Marine Operations on Call Duties
- Relevant operational experience.
- Relevant training in order to maintain a Masters Unlimited Certificate of Competency.
- Experience in senior sea-going or technical positions in the shipping industry (minimum 10 years total experience).
- Must have Oil/Chemical Tanker experience. Gas Carrier experience will be an added advantage.
- Must have a total of 5 years of sea service on board tankers, of which at least 2 years should be as a senior shipboard officer.
- Auditing experience will be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of shipboard operations.
- Understanding of International legislation (MARPOL, SOLAS, ISM, ISPS code), industry standards, and guidelines.
- Understanding of ship vetting procedures.
- Understanding of all ship compliance requirements.
- Strong communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong networking ability.
- Ability to collaborate across the business.
Please note that this role is only open to candidates already based in Singapore.