Accountant - (Shipping Industry)
Our client is the largest ship owner in the world. As part of their tanker division in Singapore they are hiring a solid accountant to manage new fleet.
Reporting to the AGM finance your responsibility will be as below:
1. Primarily responsible for full sets of books and of preparation of month-end financial results
2. Responsible for the month-end close process by preparing entries related to General Ledger as well as reviewing postings made by Accts Executives relating to Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable. Responsible for accruals run via system every month-end.
3. General Ledger - maintains and updates the General Ledger; prepares balance sheet schedules and ensures overall upkeep of the accounting system relating to exchange rates, accounting periods and debtors/creditors records.
4. Audits – prepares all necessary schedules/reports as required by external/internal auditors, attend to their queries and prepare draft audited Financial Statements annually
5. Support the review, implementation and improvement of systems, processes and controls
6. Reviews cashflow projections every weekly
7. Prepare draft replies to compliance queries from bank as well as handle KYC requests received from vendors/charterers
Any other duties as assigned from time to time Experience and qualities required:-
? Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional accounting qualification with at least 5 years of relevant accounting experience in the shipping industry
? Strong understanding in systems and strong excel skills
? Must be a Team player and good interpersonal skills
? Able to communicate clearly in English orally and via emails
? Ability to start work at short notice will be an advantage
? Experience in shipping industry or IMOS will be an
Singapore Citizen or PR is a must!