Our client is a well-reputed market leading ship owner entity. They are looking out for a committed and proactive Regional Accountant who is willing to take up hybrid responsibilities.
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Assistant Finance Manager (AP), this position will assist the Accounts Payable (AP) function in the day-to-day activities. This involves transactional processing of invoices, and payments, following up on outstanding issues in the schedules and validating entries in the accounting system.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
• Ensure suppliers’ invoices are approved in accordance with the payment mandate
• Ensure invoices are posted and validated in the accounting system in an accurate and timely manner
• Liaise with internal customers to ensure accurate invoice posting/interface of data in the accounting system
• Assist in the preparation of payment documents to ensure that the correct payment is made
• Assist in netting off any related prepaid amount against invoice and deriving the correct amount due
• Reconcile vendors’ statements of accounts to accounting records
The ideal candidate is a team player and is process oriented. He/she should be equipped with strong AP experience and practice due diligence and care in his/her work. He/she is mature, has good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure and tight timeline.
Qualifications & Experience
· Degree in Accountancy and/or Finance
· 6 years of working experience in a top-tier MNC with strong corporate ethics
· Minimum 5 years of experience in preparation of management reports, dealing with cross-functional stakeholders and having strong business partnering experience
· Ability to develop and present detailed analytical reports
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skill, Oracle system is a plus
· Good leadership, team player, meticulous and independent
· Proactive and committed to meeting timelines
. Good interpersonal skills and working effectively under pressure.
Singapore Citizen or PR only!