This is an excellent opportunity for a Vessel Operator who wants to shape their career in Chartering in the near future.
Although this roles starts off handling Vessel operations for around 6 dry bulk ships (Panamax and Capes); the hired candidate will be given the opportunity to handle chartering functions too in the near future and will be trained and mentored to do that.
Such an opportunity hardly comes by! What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and Senior Operations Manager (in London), you will be responsible for the following duties but are not limited:
· Communicating with charterers, brokers, agents and vessels regarding voyage orders, port operations, etc.
· Coordinating agency appointments, reviewing the PDAs and FDAs.
· Supporting chartering team for max cargo uplift, stowage plan, port information inquiries for prospective vessel’s employment.
· Prefer to have knowledge/experience of working with IMOS (veson) system.
· To monitor and co-ordinate with master on smooth operation and compliance with CP and owner’s policies.
· To guide and monitor vessels to prevent any possibility of claim against owners.
· To provide guidance and support to vessel for preparing vessel for loading / unloading of cargo and care of cargo during transit.
· Reviewing / preparing cargo stowage plans to optimize cargo liftings for bulk / breakbulk or project cargo.
· To monitor day to day performance of the vessel in compliance with CP, including Speed performance and bunker consumption.
· Monitor bunker requirements and planning bunker supplies and co-ordination with bunker suppliers.
· Monitor and guide vessel’s master to execute voyage efficiently and ensuring costs are kept to a minimum.
· Monitoring hold cleaning plans; including timely supply of chemicals and equipment. Coordinating with vessels to ensure timely and proper hold preparation.
· To coordinate and communicate with charterers on the shipboard operations, charterers and port requirement, stevedores and discharging arrangement.
· Have knowledge of Laytime Calculations and dispute resolution.
· Raise Hire & Freight invoices and follow up.
· Ensuring that all cost data is logged and maintained; P&Ls for the voyages are kept updated in IMOS / Softmar (as needed).
· Liaising with the P&I clubs, legal teams to resolve disputes.
· To follow up on the charter hire payment and arrangements.
· Planning and coordinating the embarkation/disembarkation of armed guards on voyages through currently designated high-risk areas.
Please note that this role is only open to Singaporeans and PR's and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.