One of our growing shipping clients is looking to hire a Crewing Manager who has prior experience in a similar role with a Ship owner/ management company (at least one year). He/she needs to possess an eye for details, good organising and multitasking skills, a great team player and has the ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
The ideal candidate would have proven track record in delivering operational excellence in crewing operations particularly handling Indonesia crew
- Manage relationship with existing manning partners to ensure good quality crew are recruited in a timely manner.
- Ensure protection of company's interest while managing relationship with the manning partners
- Ensure that the manning partners are working in accordance with best practices and conformance with company's policies and procedures
- Monitor general crewing market trends by establishing industry level benchmark with other partners on crewing costs or other crewing industry matters.
- Manage and handle all crewing related operations of the Company
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Prior experience in a managerial capacity for Crewing operations is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Strong verbal/written skills, as well as strong reporting and presentation skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team;
- Good planning, prioritising, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills with good attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive matters appropriately;
- Ability to be agile and contribute to a changing work environment, seeking out opportunities to continually improve systems and processes;
- Willingness to assist other areas from time to time as appropriate, provided within skills and ability