Our client is an established shipping conglomerate looking for a well experienced Fleet Personnel Manager (to lead a team of close to 40 crewing executives) in their growing office in Singapore.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has managed a fleet of at least 50 conventional vessels (Tankers and Bulk carriers) to play a pivotal role in their crewing strategy going forward and reporting directly to the MD.
• At least 3 years of hands-on work experience as Master, Chief Engineer or Chief Officer and/or 6 years in a Marine related office environment in a crew personnel supervising role
Job Specific Skills:
• Good knowledge of the vessels’ crew requirements and seafarers’ specifications
• Knowledge of the local market dynamics both for demand-supply situation, and also for demographics of maritime labour-supplying countries
• Exposure in the development of collective agreements and employment contracts
• Extensive experience in recruitment, training and development methodologies
• Strong knowledge of the seafarers’ rights and maritime labour law, including the MLC
• Knowledge of the maritime legal framework e.g. employers’ obligations, recruitment prerequisites, insurance, etc.
• Excellent people management skills
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.