Regional Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Consumer Services)
Our client is a European multinational company in the food services business spanning 50 plus countries worldwide. Their APAC headquarters is based in Singapore.
As Regional Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis in the regional head office, you will play a critical role in supporting the senior leadership of the region in their decision-making across various aspects of the business.
Reporting to the Senior FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for the communication and reporting of financial results to senior leadership, providing detailed insights and recommendations on business performance, reviewing capital expenditure requests, and customer proposals, and conducting analysis in a variety of other areas. You are expected to lead and deliver on projects and perform analysis.
You will work in a highly dynamic and international environment that requires a high degree of flexibility, commitment, and adaptability in return for an excellent opportunity to develop into a more senior role over time.
Your main tasks include:
- Lead regional business planning, budgeting, and forecasting process
- Reporting of APAC business results to senior leadership
- Work with local teams and provide insights and recommendations around business performance
- Evaluate new business opportunities (customer tenders) and capital expenditure requests
- Work closely with the Business Development team to review and challenge business models
- Support negotiations with customers, labor unions, and potential partners through analysis of offers and options, and in some instances, lead negotiations where subject matter falls within the area of expertise.
- Provide business intelligence based on analysis of financial figures and understanding of the industry
- Work with group HQ functions, and regional and country organizations to complete various ad-hoc assignments
- Lead, coach, and develop the FP&A team
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the regional business planning, budgeting, and forecasting process by developing tools and templates to facilitate data collection and analysis across the region. Compare financial projections to the previous year's actual performance and explain key variances. Help develop revenue and profit targets for entities within our region.
2. Analyze actual results against the business plan, budget, and forecast and prepare written analyses as required, including the monthly financial reporting package to regional and group management. Strong focus on ongoing quality improvements in reporting (price, volume, mix reporting as per regional and group guidelines).
3. Evaluate new business opportunities and develop recommendations for the leadership team based on analyzing income statements, balance sheets, and organizational, tax, and legal impacts for new proposals. Generate comprehensive financial projections and propose alternatives for commercial and contractual terms where applicable.
4. Evaluate capital investment requests and develop recommendations to the leadership team based on understanding the risks and returns of investments applying net present value calculations. Review proposed benefits and help prioritize competing proposals.
5. Support commercial tenders and business development projects through data analysis and projections, financial modeling, and scenario planning
6. Support M&A projects in the region by leading due diligence work, and supporting financial integration of acquired companies as assigned. Assist to review and challenge business models of projects.
7. Help to ensure data consistency for the various information that company collects to manage the business using SAP R/3, SACs, Hyperion Financial Management, and other ERP or business intelligence tools.
8. Coach and develop junior FP&A staff and prepare them for increased responsibilities and/or future assignments within the Singapore HQ, the Asia Pacific region, or for international transfers within the group. Help train non-finance staff in key financial concepts and compliance processes.
9. Support various reporting activities of the group in particular with analysis providing further background on the financial performance of the group based on the financial statements produced by the Group Accounting team.
10. Support various profitability-enhancing opportunities, projects, and initiatives. Propose changes to internal processes where applicable. Conduct ad-hoc assignments in the area of working capital management, process improvements, reporting as a public company, and others as required by the senior management team.
11. Attend and participate in meetings that pertain to assigned responsibilities.
- Accounting, Finance, or related degree qualification
- CPA Qualified, or related postgraduate/professional preferred
· 10 years or above experience in the financial reporting and analysis field
· Supervisory experience in leading a team
· Previous practical experience with commercially oriented finance roles (sales controlling, marketing controlling or similar) is a plus.
Technical Skills, Competency: (Certification, Licenses, and Registration)
· Good business knowledge and understanding
· Good application software knowledge especially SAP CO / FI, HFM, BW, Excel, PowerPoint
· Sound accounting knowledge and understanding of fundamental financial theories (DCF and WACC for instance) to support the various analysis tasks.
· Interested and very good understanding of various IT platforms. Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills. Microsoft Access or similar databases are a plus.
· Pro-active, Independent, goal-oriented work