Our client is one of the leading companies in the renewable energy space. They finance, construct and manage infrastructure in the APAC region.
They are expanding their finance team and are looking for a dynamic individual to be the right hand of the Financial Controller and to support the overall finance team.
- Prepare financial statements of entities according to financial reporting standards
- Closely involved in annual audit process for multiple entities and as main liaison with auditors, especially on technical matters
- Involved in monthly close process in compliance with deadlines and internal control
- Cash management, including forecasting and enforcement of group distribution policy
- Monitoring of foreign exchange and interest rate policies and group compliance with such policies
- Work closely with outsourced accounting function on all accounting matters and with other finance colleagues in APAC on collating of all group consolidated reporting and continually assessing finance/accounting practices
- Review accounting entries ensuring clerical accuracy and appropriate support documentation
- Prepare and/or review other ad-hoc reports/schedules
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with all financial policies and processes
- Ad hoc project work and support to the Group CFO and Financial Controller as required
- Must have a strong technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge, in particular Singapore FRS and IFRS
- Knowledge or experience of other accounting standards (e.g. Japanese GAAP) is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software, especially Excel
- Sound grasps of Singapore GST and corporate income tax rules
- Prior exposure to corporate tax structuring, tax planning, overseas tax issues (including WHT, DTAs etc.) an advantage
- 8-12 years of work experience, including a minimum of 5 years’ commercial experience (i.e. outside of audit practice)
- Independent and critical thinker with strong analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently interact with senior management, external vendors and peers
- Prior experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including report writing)
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively in a team environment and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Highly organized, methodical, and efficient, and able to work independently to achieve optimal results
- Demonstrated stable work history
Applicants must be a qualified CPA / CA and have at least 10 years’ work experience.
Individuals who have project management in the renewable or construction space would be a strong advantage.