Our client is a leading shipping company looking to recruit an experienced Marine Manager for their growing fleet of vessels.
The ideal candidate can educate, coach, and assist the members of the fleet team and the shipboard management within the areas of HSSEQ, enabling the team/vessels to operate without compromising safety standards. He/she should be able to effectively use his/her maritime and organizational knowledge and connect with a crew of different nationalities, cultures and languages. He/She is an open and outgoing person that people can trust and relate to. In unfavorable situations, he/she has the courage to intervene or escalate breaches for resolution.
- Minimum seven years of shore-based experience
- Holder of Class I (Ship Captain) Certificate is preferred
- Previous experience with Dry Bulk shipping is preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred
- Good Knowledge of International Maritime Regulations, Marine Industry standards (ISM Code, MLC, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 etc) and HSSEQ practices is necessary.
- Confident trainer and strong motivator/communicator
- Fluent in verbal and written English