Internal Controls & Technical Accounting Manager (Medical Device)
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) region consists of the country markets of Japan, South Korea, Australia & NZ, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia as well as Asia Distributor markets of Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
You will play a key, hands-on role in supporting the organization in US GAAP technical accounting matters like Revenue Recognition, Leases accounting, and new standard implementation. He / she will also be reviewing SOX and setting up IPE / MRC process and procedures for all APAC entities as well as drive to influence process improvements. This person will work with multiple teams across the APAC Region, Corporate Finance team and CHQ Technical Accounting team supporting and partnering on various technical accounting and control matters.
This role is a key contributor towards providing strong compliance in US GAAP, SOX and IPE / MRC. The role will also be in close liaison with the Corporate Finance team and CHQ Technical Accounting team.
1. Providing technical accounting guidance and recommendations to country accounting teams and stakeholders in close collaboration with Corporate Finance team;
3. Lead and coordinate SOX compliance prior to Internal Audit visit for SOX compliance countries;
4. Set up the IPE and MRC framework across the region;
5. Drive compliance and continuous maintenance of IPE and MRC process and procedures across the region;
6. Identify, assess, document and monitor business processes (including financial systems) that affect the financial reporting, including the use of process narratives & flowcharts as part of IPE and MRC;
7. Maintenance of Leases in compliance with ASC 842 via lease accounting software TRIRIGA;
9. Drive monthly review of Customer / Marketing incentive program with country team, maintaining of it and report.
10. Develop and deliver training and training materials to countries team on a regular basis on US GAAP - Revenue Recognition, Risks Control Matrix and SOX;
11. Month end reporting of any accounting adjustment;
Act as a backup / cover for Regional Internal Control Manager on IC review / Qtrly BS review / APAC Compliance check list / policies, etc.
- You must be an experienced Internal Audit professional with some technical accounting experience in a US MNC for a total of 8-10 years
- You must be open to contribute 70% in the IC, Compliance and Sox area and 30% in technical accounting from a US GAAP Standpoint
- Any industry is ok but must be a Singapore Citizen or PR
- You must be open to an Individual Contributor role