Our client is a leading shipping comglomerate with a fleet of conventional and offshore vessels and shipyards in Indonesia looking to recruit a senior Marine procurement professional to lead and streamline their group purchasing department. You will play a pivotal role in managing group vendor contracts, negotiations, system implementation (DANOS) and compliance working closely with the owners directly.
Communication and coordination between Fleet Manager, Shipyards, offshore segment and Category Managers to drive compliance of purchases and robust solutions.
- Create and promote an environment where Company Values are known, understood and evident in every task, communication and business relationship whether internal or external.
- Act as a communication swing between Fleet Managers and Category Managers to ensure spend is understood by vessel, correct solutions are available and drive compliance approved purchases.
- Understand Global Purchasing arrangements with access to rebate visibility to drive decision making with Fleet Managers.
- Managing compliance to central deals.
- Analyse and drive information
- Define, monitor and report category KPIs and financials, (including contracted / group capture spend penetration and trends, etc). Preparation and issuance of monthly standard reporting to monitor actions and implementation progresses. Prepare and present reports to supply chain management.
- Act as escalation / interface/ coordination point for repeated or serious non-conformity of Company Procedure and Process and communicate evidence to Category Managers as appropriate.
- Help to identify cause (training issue, learned behaviour etc.) set action plan and time frame for improvement and provide feedback to Divisional on progress and resolutions.
- Participate to supplier meetings on site, participation and MOM to Category Managers.
- Educate and positively promote benefits of negotiated contracts and Group Company services whether internally or externally towards Clients when required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Analytical skills
- Fluency in English
- Experience in the maritime sector preferred
Please note that this role will be based in Indonesia. A tax free salary in SGD & company paid accomodation will be provided.