Reporting to the Marine Manager, this position is responsible for safety, quality, and marine operations onboard assigned vessels within the fleet team.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
1. Provide daily support on Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Quality (HSSEQ) issues on assigned vessels:
• Arrange internal/external shipboard audits and Right Ship Inspections.
• Monitor/support vessels’ performance through audit and inspection results or routine visits. Manage intake of new tonnage assigned to the fleet team (Management of Change).
• Monitor/ support the daily use of shipboard risk assessment tools, toolbox meetings, work permits, etc.
• Follow-up on incidents, accidents, and Near-Misses.
• Conduct root cause investigations.
• Support the continuous development of management systems, and quality (improvement of procedures, training, etc.).
2. Provide daily support in cargo-related areas:
• Support our shipboard management in loading/discharging operations and identify non-compliance with operational standards
• Safeguard efficient cargo operations execution without compromising requirements to safety, documentation, and cargo quality control mechanisms.
• Assist the in-house Port Captains and Commercial Operators with cargo matters, hereunder cargo claims, and other marine operational matters.
The ideal candidate can educate, coach, and assist the members of the fleet team and the shipboard management within the areas of HSSEQ enabling the team/vessels to operate without compromising safety standards. He/she is an advocate for ‘safety’ and an ambassador of our organizational values by demonstrating this in his/her behavior. He/she understands the importance of asking the right questions to support our safety management system and improve our quality output to our customers.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 3 years experience as a shore-based Marine Superintendent.
• Possess solid dry bulk shipboard experience as a Master.
• Possess sailing and/or shore experience in managing geared bulk carriers (Master rank).
• Good knowledge of international Maritime Regulations, Marine Industry standards (ISM Code, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISO 9001, etc), and HSSEQ practices;
• Proven experience in conducting audits and root-cause investigations
• Fluent in English.
• Good Communication skills
Please contact Brijesh Mongia at email@example.com for a private and confidential discussion or Apply Now!