Our client is one of the leading shipping organizations with a solid international client base and offices around the globe. Consistently ranked amongst the top leaders in the market, it has redefined the standards of excellence in the industry with competent teams.
They are looking for a Project Superintendent in their Singapore office. In an era of extremely high demand for technical and people management skills, our client provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and excel in leadership roles in the future.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, you will be in-charge of managing the technical and operational performance of vessels. Your key role is to ensure safe and efficient operations of the company’s vessels, their routine and preventive maintenance, and that all international marine requirements are complied with.
Technical management and operations: Planning and allocation of resources, setting processes, implementing improvement plans in a rigorous and structured way for planned and routine maintenance of the ships under your charge.
Health, Safety and Environment Compliance: Responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and compliant working environment as per procedure and work towards quality and continuous improvement.
Budget management support: Assist your reporting manager to maintain the budgets of assigned ships. Manage dry-docking of the vessels within allotted budget limits.
Human capital development: Development of performing crew teams (onshore and on-board) with a strong focus on quality, safety, operations, and technical excellence.
Relationship management: Build and maintain close relationships with the clients, ship’s crew and ship management teams, and onshore teams.
• You must be a qualified Marine/Mechanical Engineer; a degree in business or any related discipline will be an added advantage.
• Sailing experience is not a must although preferable
• In your past roles, you have demonstrated high quality technical and managerial skills in linking various organizational resources to excellent service delivery and operational results.
• Highly analytical with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively with any stakeholder.
• Able to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Passionate about developing shipboard teams.
• Well updated with the latest regulatory requirements and its implementation.
• Join one of the top established shipping companies with a tremendous focus on quality
• A well-defined role with wide career opportunities to grow further within the organization.
• An opportunity to work with professionals who are the best and the brightest in the business.
• A competitive remuneration package.
• And above all job security and a company that prides itself in growing people ashore and on-board.