Sales Manager (Marine)
Our client is one of the leading European Ship owner companies with one of the largest maritime networks in the world, supplying marine consumables, products, and solutions to every conceivable vessel type.
The Sales Manager will report to the Head of Sales, Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Management or equivalent marine qualification preferred. Lack of formal education can be compensated by relevant experience.
- Preferably international sales experience in technical sales.
- Sailing or other maritime engineering experience is preferred.
- Results-oriented and with demonstrated achievements in sales.
- Experience in negotiating with customers.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Ability to work independently by planning and organizing own work.
- Ambitious and a strong desire for success with a commercial mindset.
- Drive profitable sales growth from current and new customers within your portfolio.
- Develop robust and measurable Sales Activity Plans, and action assertively to deliver on the agreed targets.
- Build the sales pipeline to hit the targets as specified based on quality opportunities on existing accounts and new business.
- Proactively utilize the available sales tools to relentlessly identify areas of growth and facilitate respective actions within the portfolio.
- Foster strong relationships with the customers through high-quality and frequent customer face-to-face meetings.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and the Technical Solutions team to drive growth and process compliance.
- Seek out, develop and maintain multilevel entry points and relationships with own accounts.
- Ensure customer portfolio adheres to all terms, including credit, and that the deal generates optimal return through proactive contract management.
- Ensure close collaboration with the Credit team, monitoring and taking corrective actions when needed.
Our client offers a culture and work environment of strong leadership, career development and a job that is both challenging and stimulating.
Singapore PR or Citizen only!