Our client is a market-leading trading entity that is looking to grow their vessel operations teams in Singapore due to higher volumes within the dry bulk shipping segment.
The main objective of this role is to ensure proper operation of TC and spot vessels and maximize performance - time charter equivalent (TCE), following global standards and International regulations at all times.
• Undertake voyage planning to meet international regulation and respond to vessel issues
• Handle bunkers optimization
• Review stowage planning
• Coordinate Agency appointments
• Provide Voyage Orders to vessels
• Monitor vessels performance during all voyages, ie speed, and consumptions
• Handle questionnaires, certificates, LOI's and all relevant supporting documents
• Update company's software with required data
• Liaise with customers (internal and external) on cargo readiness, vessel schedules, etc.
Abilities, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Suitable candidates will hold a minimum of 5 to 7 years of sea and/or shore experience in the same position
• Supramax and Handymax experience preferred
• Good knowledge of Charter Party terms
• Excellent communication (oral/written) skills and IT system literacy
• Strong analytical and quantitative thinking skills
• Strong business acumen and has a commercial approach
• Ability to work and adapt in a challenging, fast-paced, and high-pressure environment
• Strong negotiation skills
The ideal candidate will be a curious, self-starter, who can think on their feet, is always hungry to learn, and willing to do more, finding the next opportunity independently. Someone who is action-oriented, and can think out of the box, while applying logic to problems and finding solutions to challenges which the role will offer daily.
Kindly note that this role is only open to candidates who have a valid work entitlement in Singapore and only shortlisted profiles will be notified.
For a confidential discussion, kindly get in touch with Brijesh Mongia at email@example.com