Are you an experienced Technical Superintendent with prior sailing background as a 2nd Engineer or Chief Engineer on board PCTC's? If Yes, this may be your next career opportunity!
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chief Engineer with 3+ years of shore based Technical Superintendent experience. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, you will be the technical lead in managing their assets in Europe.
- Oversee and manage the technical aspect of vessel operations including all repair and planned maintenance requirements including surveys and inspections
- Provide expert technical guidance to management related to vessel operations and related issues including dry dockings
- Manage the purchasing of stores, provisions, bunkers and spares
- Ensure that vessel maintains Class and Flag state requirements
- Ensure vessel compliance with company standards and industry & local/state requirements
- Conduct vessel inspections and ensure that any findings/issues are monitored and closed out in a timely manner
- Manage the HR of the vessel crews and arrange crew rota
- Recruit new crew members as necessary ensuring compliance with company and industry requirements
- dry dockings
- Oversee the work and activities of the crews
- Ensure vessel compliance with company SHEQ requirements
Qualifications and experience required:
- Have a valid Class 1 Certificate of Competency – Marine Chief Engineer
- Must be highly organised and have the ability to multi task and prioritize
- Able to work alone and be self-motivated and communicate well as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to emergency situations
- Passionate individual who wants a career and not a job!
Applicants must hold the current, full and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. European Union members will also be considered for this role.