Our client is a fast growing Marine service provider within the Navigational equipment space looking to hire an experienced NavCom Service Engineer in their global headquarters in Singapore.
About the job
The purpose of the job is to help marine customers with field service of Navigation and Telecomunication systems and equipments.
Main responsibilities includes:
- Servicing and re-commissioning of old or existing Navigation system
- You need to be able to work and deliver on assigned tasks independently and remain contactable 24/7 and be available whenever Global Coordinators request for service attendance.
- You need to work together with other lnternational Marine Service Organization members as a team, and act as a technical support backup to Global Technical Specialists and Global Coordinators if so required.
- You may also need to assist in performing local field service jobs or other tasks if required.
- The job requires frequent cross-border travels and working on rolling schedules.
- You are a competent Service Engineer, solution-driven with a strong customer first mindset.
- You are able to take calculated risks and make tough and fast decisions to meet the customer needs.
- You will be expected to do the Installation/troubleshooting/servicing of the Maritime navigation system such as Marine Radar, Gyro compassMagnetic compass, autopilot, echosounder, speed log, steering FFU/NFU, weather fax, wind speed/direction etc Marine Telecommunication Systems-Installation/troubleshooting/servicing of communication systems such as GMDSS, VHF/UHF, MF/HF SSB, NBDP, NDB, Navtex, Inmarsat etc
Profile we are looking at:
- You should have a degree/diploma in Engineering or equivalent qualification with experience of 3 - 7 years.
- Strong experience on automation/system integration preferably of marine equipment.
- Fluent oral and written English skills and good communication skills.