KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Securing employment for the fleet assigned at optimum rates and terms as per the authority of the Commercial Director, as well as marketing the Company’s fleet to clients and potential clients.
• Build and maintain relationships directly with clients and brokers in area of responsibility.
• Provide the Company with daily market fixture information, open cargoes and opinions on market trends.
• Negotiate Charter Party terms and conditions to Company’s standards.
• Ensure timely and correct documentation of fixtures concluded.
• Charter Party Administration and position list update.
• Promote in-depth knowledge of, and support for the Company’s values and procedures.
• Give advice on commercial matters affecting operations and demurrage risk exposure.
• Evaluating market information, and proposal of marketing plans for relevant segment.
• 5-10 years working experience in ship-owning and broker firms.
• Good knowledge of the working dynamics of the chartering market.
• Knowledge in S&P an added advantage.
• Knowledge of office IT applications, e.g. MS Word, Excel, etc.
• Good negotiation skills.