Our client is a European ship owner/management company looking for crewing manager for their Singapore office. This role would be responsible for Global Crewing operation with specific responsibility of Officers and Ratings of all nationalities across all vessel types.
Crewing manager would directly report to the Director and work closely with him on business strategy development by meeting strategic goals and to develop policies that
correspond with our group’s objectives and targets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understand Marine Industry regulatory and certification legislation including but not limited to ISM Code, STCW, MLC 2006 and applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements.
· Have full understanding of Offshore Employment structures
· Be the Point of contact for internal and external stakeholders in providing guidance and direction for off shore personnel employment matters.
· Builds company image by collaborating with customers and employees, enforcing ethical business practices.
· Meet organizations annual objectives and goals and support the company’s overall business objectives.
· Ensuring efficient integration between the various business partners and customers.
· Ensure compliance with all contractual and legal obligations of employment companies.
· Annual benchmarking of employee terms and conditions and producing recommendations for terms and conditions strategy for client groups and annual budget review process. Ensuring adequate crew numbers and continuous progression planning.
· Represent the employment entities in Union negotiations, Disciplinary hearing and appeals as required.
· To provide the HR specialist Guidance and support for the management of the seafarers.
· Lead and chair meetings with business partners.
· To lead payroll review and approval process.
· Produce manning, budget and other reports for each client group.
· Review the tax profile of company and employees, produce monthly tax overview reports.
· Overview of the companies Database systems.
· Liaising with the, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Indian, Philippines and other offices as required on manning issues relating to employees and activities in support of company’s crewing operations.
· Review and approve contracts of employment and letter templates.
· Ensure ISO compliance and certification is maintained.
· Review and maintain compliance with various Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
· Overview and ensuring Insurance cover for employees is in date.
· Ensure Full compliance with company policies and procedures. Ensure internal processes are reviewed and updated regularly, produce recommendations for process efficiencies and improvements.
· Prepare tender documents and act as point of contact for any new business enquiries as directed.
· Ensuring KPIs both individual and departmental are maintained and reported monthly.
· To analyse training requirement to ensure that employees continue to learn skills for improving, changing and developing skills, knowledge, and performance.
· Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of SMM.
· May be required to be a part of the out of hours on call rota.
· Occasional travel as required
· You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are relevant to your position.