Our client is a leading shipping company looking to recruit an experienced Dry docking Manager for their growing fleet of vessels.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Dry Docking Manager is tasked to ensure the following:
- Safe & high-quality dockings of vessels.
- Maximum value from allocated Dry-dock budgets and costs saving potential are harvested
- Vessels are docked at the most suitable and economical shipyard, at the most appropriate time, and in the most cost-effective manner.
- Drive and implement standardization of the dry-docking process across the organisation in line with industry-wide best practices including alignment of dry dock specifications.
- Constantly review the dry dock process for continuous improvements
- Ensure that safety is regarded as a common responsibility and is considered as the first priority in the daily operation at sea, in shipyards and in the office
- Monitor, evaluate, and provide feedback on the performance of assigned docking service providers and docking superintendents to the Head of the department.
- Liaise closely with relevant stakeholders on all aspects of dry dock planning and management and keep Technical Operations closely advised of any developments.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years in ship management or shipyard.
- Must have carried out at least 5 dry-docking as the project lead
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required for conducting day-to-day business
- Assertive and has excellent negotiation skills
- Willing to lead a dynamic team
- Thorough knowledge of the various class, flags and other regulatory /statutory requirements
- Has good command of the English language.
- Willing to travel (30% travel required to Shipyard for docked vessels)
- Project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or PMP certification is an advantage