Finance Manager (Education)
Our client is an International School in Singapore and is managed by a European MNC. They are now looking for a hands on Finance Manager to join their team in Singapore, reporting to the Finance Director, dotted line to Group CFO in Europe.
- Provide detailed and timely Management Information for the school community for decision making and finance support.
- Manage and prepare monthly management reports, including the Profit or Loss, variance analysis and commentary to the Financial Director.
- Compiling Statuary Reporting and completing the yearly audit while working closely with external auditors.
- Provide forecast expenditure for the remaining months of the Financial year.
- Discuss and provide assistance to budget holders on the preparation, control and monitoring of budgeted costs against actual/forecast.
- Designed pricing models and managed implementation for new and current activities.
- Prepare and review monthly reporting schedules, check for validity and accuracy and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projection.
- Approver of sales invoices, purchase invoices, ledger postings, insurance purchases for compliance and intercompany transactions
- Ensure corporate and withholding tax compliance.
- Process reengineering to build efficiencies and manage the system migration.
- Ensure processes are efficient and able to contribute to cost effectiveness not only within Finance but have a broad view as an operation.
- Manage a team of 6 across the Finance function. Responsible for annual appraisals, hiring, training and compensation.
- Ensure the deadlines for the AR function are met and the team remains motivated to deliver the best outcome
- Degree in Accountancy or recognizable accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA and etc.)
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience and managing a team of accountants
- Experienced in the use of Word, Excel spreadsheets (Intermediate to advanced level), Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written (English).
- Self-motivated, multitasking, and pro-active
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience with accounting packages.