Our client is a leading shipping conglomerate looking to recruit an experienced Fleet Performance Management executive for this exciting new role that has been created in their Singapore office.
This is an excellent opportunity for somoene with prior ship performance and efficiency background combined with sustainability/decarbonization elements within the maritime industry.
• Lead team for safe and efficient operations of Own vessels and in monitoring-chartered fleet for energy efficiency optimisation.
• Oversee daily operational activities of Owned vessels and ensure vessels are compliant and run to international regulatory standards and vessels are maintained to the highest standards.
• Working closely with the ship managers to develop a strong safety culture on board the owned vessels
• Manage Ship Management contracts, track KPI’s and develop, manage, report, and ensure budgets are tracking within plan in collaboration with ship managers.
• Liaising closely with the ship managers on the reporting, investigation and adequate resolution of incidents, issues and disputes as well as ensuring all internal stakeholders are appropriately informed.
• Manage all aspects of vessel technical performance across the fleet of TC & Owned vessels. Benchmark fleet and establish baselines to identify and improve vessels performance.
• Manage technical systems, noon reports and vessel engine performance statistics to identify improvement opportunities / initiatives.
• Demonstrate through knowledge on the current and upcoming emission regulations, their impacts for Charterers and Owners and optimisation avenues.
• Lead in implementing company objectives of fuel efficiency, vessel performance monitoring, CO2 reduction and collaborate with internal business units to achieve company decarbonisation targets.
• Good knowledge on the alternate fuels and their performance to support in the net zero pathway.
To be successfully considered for this role:
• Marine based diploma or degree or equivalent.
• Passionate about the safety and wellbeing of seafarers and improving the standards of the shipping industry.
• Possess excellent collaboration and communication skills and can build and manage working relationships to achieve goals.
• Demonstrated leadership in leading a large and diverse, in driving high performances
• Experience in working across a diverse range of seafarers and cultures will be highly valued.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Proven capability to network and establish/maintain relationships in a matrix organisation across different cultures and countries.
• Demonstrated capability to manage multiple and complex work fronts in demanding environment.