Group Finance Manager (Controllership)
Our client is a leading European ship owner with one of the largest fleet in the world. This position is newly created in their group HQ based in Singapore and will be reporting to the Group Financial controller.
This role is within the Financial Control (FinCon) team in Singapore and will work closely with segment managers, corporate team and other internal stakeholders to meet regulatory requirements in statutory financial reporting and tax compliance matters.
The role will be responsible for the reporting & management of the Company and Group entities under Maritime Sector Incentive (MSI) scheme with the Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore (MPA).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Finance Manager is responsible for leading the following:
FINANCIAL REPORTING AND AUDIT
• Review of financial statements prepared by Fincon Segment for annual audit.
• Lead the audit of group and individual financial statements in Singapore; work closely within FinCon team to address audit queries related to entities.
• Prepare, review audited financial statements, and ensure submission and filing of annual accounts.
• Evaluate the impact of developments in the financial reporting, tax and regulatory regime and recommend course of action to ensure compliance.
STATUTORY AND TAX COMPLIANCE
• Ensure compliance with statutory requirements of Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRCA)
• Drive and manage the tax affairs of the entities (Corporate tax, withholding tax & exemption, GST and transfer pricing)
• Work closely within FinCon team and tax agents in preparation and filing of returns under applicable tax jurisdiction.
MANAGEMENT OF MSI-APPROVED INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ENTERPRISE (MSI-AIS) SCHEME
• Liaise with MPA on scheme matters.
• Updating and maintaining records in MPA Electronic Tax Incentive (ETI) System.
• Review and compilation of local business spending report.
• Submission of annual reporting under the ETI system.
• Updating business plan and local business spending
projection with Fincon Segment where applicable.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
• Degree in accountancy or equivalent and Chartered Accountant qualification
• Overall 8-10 years in a big4 audit firm out of which 3-4 years of audit experience in a managerial position leading a small team with exposure in maritime industry or finance manager role with a ship owner.
• Strong understanding of accounting standards applicable to maritime industry
• Strong understanding of statutory and tax compliance requirements
• Exposure in compliance matters for MSI-AIS Award
• Strong preference for prior experience in Oracle ERP and EPM modules
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills as this role require active cross-functional dialogue with internal and external stake holders.
• Strong preference for experience in creating or improving a finance function and controls as this role will involve creating and building a line reporting function.
• Strong preference for good working knowledge of excel, SmartView and Oracle BI tools.