Are you looking to be a part of a new set up in a senior management and leadership role in Singapore?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Marine Logistics professional to take on the responsibility of building a new business in Asia and to be instrumental for their growth. If you have Marine logistics experience (Operational or commercial) and looking to drive a greenfield project, this could be an exciting opportunity to develop your career and aspirations.
As part of their regional plan, they are seeking a dynamic and experienced business leader to head up their new Singapore Marine Logistics and Warehouse business.
An ideal candidate for the role is someone with more than 5 years of commercial maritime experience along with an expertise in all the logistics involved within the ports and terminals. Prior key stakeholder management exposure is a plus. A strong focus on customer experience and a proactive mind-set in a maritime services industry is a key to this critical position.
What’s on Offer?
The successful candidate will be entrusted to lead the business at country level.
This is a role that provides the authority to drive teams and make key decisions being a part of the management team for an international market leading shipping conglomerate in their regional headquarters. A Market competitive package will be given along with being a part of an employee friendly environment.
- Responsible for the P/L of the company
- Manage all day to day operations of the warehouse and marine logistics business
- Supervise a team of 7-10 employees
- Develop business strategies and goals
- Work directly with clients
- Regulatory compliance
- Develop and oversee operating budget
- Oversee all HR functions
- Develop new business opportunities
- Represent company in relevant professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in middle management in marine industry
- Ability to work totally independently without any supervision
- Team building and leadership abilities
- Understanding of how to develop and implement business strategies
- Prior experience in setting up a department or company in Singapore will be an advantage
- Experience in marine logistics will be preferred
- Ideal position for a candidate is someone who is ambitious and has an entrepreneurial mind-set
Work Location: Tuas, Singapore