Head of Pricing (Medical Device/HealthCare)
Our client is the largest healthcare company in the world who has a medical device, pharmaceutical and a consumer business.
They are currently looking to hire a senior pricing talent to drive and implement various pricing initiatives in APAC.
Core job responsibilities:
• Working primarily across strategic pricing initiatives.
• Customer facing. Partnering with the commercial on customer visits and negotiations.
• Identify and manage Gross Margin Improvement Initiatives.
• Co-ordinate, develop and document standardization of pricing policies and process Help create a standardized price schedule process annually for product (assay, instrument, service, disposables) •Pricing based on local knowledge in accordance with global requirements.
To consider segmentation (public vs private). Drive annual or need basis price increase (planning, teaming with countries to execute and tracking)
• Grow and maintain competitor price “comparable” database.
• Perform pricing analytics to identify pricing trends that impact how to price future deals in the region / country.
• Conduct extensive win/loss analysis of large strategic deals and using pricing analytics from our systems to provide greater actionable insights for our commercial teams.
• Utilize established pricing tools to drive value.
• Price new products and challenge existing pricing using value based pricing methodology.
• Quote To Contract (QTC) Deal Proposal Tool: Troubleshooting for commercial teams.
• Leverage the concept of Total Value of Ownership to demonstrate the benefits in a shared sample market.
• Report solid line to APAC Strategic Pricing Director.
• Work closely with Country General Mangers and Regional Managing Directors
• Collaborates with acquisition sales teams to determine pricing strategy, deal pricing and terms.
• Works closely with finance, commercial excellence and other functional staff for margin improvement and deal management, approval and compliance.
• Implements global pricing strategy working closely with global pricing team and global marketing.
• Visit and present to selected customers.
MINIMUM BACKGROUND/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Overall 15 years experience, Minimum of 3 years experience in healthcare industry.
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in financial analysis related role, ideally with pricing experience. Prior experience working in a commercial role or with commercial teams is preferred
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Positive mindset and a great desire to learn.
• Great communicator.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills