Head of Tax ( Shipping/Logistics)
Our client is a Singapore headquartered group company and owns number of vessels. As part of their expansion, this is a newly created Tax role reporting into the CFO. The incumbent will own the tax function and grow it from scratch.
Advisory and Planning
- Business partner to the commercial teams in relation to international tax advisory, planning and governance
- Collaborate with business leaders and cross functional colleagues to lead the implementation of tax strategies.
- On-board tax advisors, monitor performance and maintains relationships to ensure advisors deliver to the group’s service and value expectations
- Review, roll out and enforce robust tax and transfer pricing policies
- Monitor and analyse new rules and legislations; assess and communicate impact to the business
Compliance and governance
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all relevant direct and indirect tax returns, as well as compliance with Transfer Pricing requirements and Country by country reporting.
- Attend to enquiries from tax offices and develop strategies to support tax filing positions.
- Execute and monitor tax policy, compliance and documentation
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in Accountancy (preferably in taxation)
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in leading MNC's managing the tax function.
- Experience in Big four accounting firm /MNC & in cross border transactions are added advantage coupled with sound knowledge in all areas of tax
- Experience in setting up a tax function.
- Proven ability to lead and manage projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work with global teams