Roles & Responsibilities
This position will have responsibility for sales of satellite communication services into commercial shipping customers, in the Asia Pacific Region.
The Sales Manager will identify, develop and close fleet-wide opportunities for VSAT, L band and engineering services. The key focus will be on new business, new customer acquisition, across the fleets and fleet management companies located in Asia’s main maritime centres and ports. Up selling services to existing clients is also a key objective.
With strong knowledge, contacts and industry experience, the Sales Manager will be expected to make a rapid impact. A well organised and self-motivated individual, we anticipate they will travel extensively and regularly to cover as many customers across as much of the territory as possible.
The Sales Manager is expected to provide regular sales pipeline reports and forecasts detailing opportunities and prospects, as well as contributing to regular sales reviews, both remotely and on site.
The Sales Manager will collaborate with other teams within our business who support the sales function - particularly service activation, engineering and customer support – to ensure a polished and professional service to the end customer.
This role will appeal to a commercially geared, tenacious and energetic professional. Competitive and driven by winning business, the Sales Manager can look forward to excellent commissions which come with every vessel system sold, on top of an excellent base salary.
Essential skills and experience
· 5+ years’ experience working in a sales role, ideally, a material part of this within the maritime communications sector - with a demonstrable track record of success.
· Experience in the direct selling of VSAT, Inmarsat, Iridium and other satellite services
· An excellent level of written and spoken English
· Ability to prepare and present, business proposals, quotes and contracts
Desirable skills and experience
· Technical expertise in VSAT services – VSAT operators, iDirect, etc
· Technical expertise in products and services from Inmarsat, Iridium and Thuraya
· Service ‘at sea’ within the commercial maritime sector