Main objective of the role:
To issue and collect all claims and responsible for paying all voyage expenses for the vessels under their control (except bunker invoices and Owner invoices).
Summary of responsibilities:
- • Liaising with the operations team regarding the vessels that are allocated to them
- • Liaising with departmental colleagues and teams in other locations as required
- • Following the schedules of their vessels
- • Calculating laytime and issuing Demurrage claims, along with negotiating and settling the demurrage claims
- • Checking time bars on recaps and ensuring all claims are issued prior to this date
- • Responsible for claim management, making sure all claims are settled
- • Responsible for processing third party invoices received for voyage costs and rebilling where applicable
- • Responsible for ad hoc additional related duties from time to time as required
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will possess very strong attention to detail with emphasis placed on producing high quality and correct results in timely manner and demonstrate the ability to work individually as well as being part of a team.
- • Attention to detail and accuracy are essential for this role
- • Demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities