Purchasing Executive - Ship owner, Singapore
Are you a Purchaser/Buyer/Purchasing Executive in the shipping industry?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading European ship owner in their growing offices in Singapore as a Purchasing Executive!
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
• Ensure requisitions are processed promptly, efficiently and in accordance with the company procedures (i.e. request for quotation, evaluation, request for approval and order confirmation).
• Ensure proper documentation is available to provide status updates on each requisition and its delivery to the designated vessels and stakeholders.
• Arrange freight/logistics including last-mile deliveries to ensure supplies to the vessel are done in time and in the most cost-effective manner.
• Follow up and resolve any supply, quality, service or invoicing issues with suppliers.
• Verify and process invoices promptly in accordance to the company’s approval procedures.
• Negotiate with suppliers to ensure compliance with the Company’s business terms and cost targets.
• Evaluate and ensure suppliers’ performance meets the Company’s criteria on quality standards, delivery time and pricing.
• Resolve any supply and invoicing issues with the suppliers concerned.
• Communicating and managing various stakeholders to achieve advanced planning objectives.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Procurement Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience as a purchaser with a Ship Owner or Ship Manager.
• Minimum Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics/Purchasing Management or any related disciplines.
• High sense of integrity and resourcefulness
• Good communication skills – written and spoken English.
• Good negotiation skills
• Attention to detail and able to meet deadlines.
• Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.