Regional Senior Accounting Manager (9 Month Contract Role)
Our client is a listed US MNC in the manufacturing industry based in the West of Singapore.
The Senior Accounting Manager will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. This person will manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
The Senior Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Accounting & Reporting and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls. The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. The person should have solid regional working experience coverage of Asian Pacific countries includes India.
Core Responsibilities and Task
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
? Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades/phase-two implementation of ERP software
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Work with Audit, Tax and Treasury Manager to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Geographic Regions Supported: Asian Pacific countries includes India Position
- Bachelor or Masters in Accounting, Finance or professional accounting qualification (ie. CA, CPA or ACCA)
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in fund administration , accounting or audit (with at least 10 years of experience in manufacturing industry)
- Strong Supervisory skills with experience in managing and/or leading staff for 5 years.
- Strong client relationship management skills with proven ability to provide high quality service and manage difficult relationships.
- Project management skills and proven ability to effect change
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly demanding environment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word , Excel , PowerPoint)