We are currently partnering with a leading Oil & Gas trading house to recruit for a Risk Control Support Manager for their commodity trading business in APAC.
If you have prior risk analysis and have been ainvolved in monitoring and mitigation of the operational risks – position exposures of portfolios, contract executions, shipping operations and settlement process; this could be an exciting role for you.
The ideal person is someone with prior risk management experience in a commodity trading environment. Banking/paper risk would not be a preference.
This person is responsible for the weekly Valo process (and shadow for daily Valo (Valo is P&L and risk evaluation of the business portfolios), charged to analyze/identify risks affecting the business, to monitor and manage the assessment and evaluation of the existing and potential risks and to ensure that appropriate actions are taken to mitigate identified risks if they are outside management’s risk tolerance.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Commercial and trading skills: experience in the technical aspects of market, trading and operations.
- Business/ Market risk analysis skills: carries out risk assessments, risk monitoring and reporting with experienced professionals in analysis.
- Discipline, accuracy and efficiency: works in a quality of rigor, accuracy and efficiency.
- Advanced level in EXCEL, management systems, trading software CXL, Navision.
- Run the EOD process and VaR process in CXL (automatic process);
- Analyze the price positions and P&L impacts after the EOD process and VaR process are completed;
- Check the risk reports if all the data are correctly displayed in Smart Report, Trades per month report, Position and PL report and Delta PL summary report;
- Send the daily Valo and VaR analysis reports to Front office;
- Identify the risks on fixed price exposure, open P&L exposure and VaR exposure by checking the risk reports, qlikview tools and positions manager in CXL;
- Verify if the trades are correctly entered in the system –in terms of nature of the trade, terms, delivery period, pricing formula, MTM and strategy;
- Verify if the trades are correctly matched and uploaded into storages –effective dates, quantities, FIFO price calculations, negative storage (in case) and no open quantity remaining by the end of month closing in scheduling manager;
- Verify if the trades are correctly matched and no open quantity remaining by the end of month closing in scheduling manager;
- Verify if the secondary costs and strategy costs are correctly entered in the system;
- Critically analyse the daily risk reports, advising the business and suggesting remedial action where appropriate.
- Act as a driver for change – challenging the status quo and figuring out optimal ways to improve the daily reporting.
Please note that this role will be requiring Singapore work entitlement and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.