Our client is a market leading commodity trading firm looking to strengthen their geared/Handy/Supramax commercial freight trading desk in Singapore. The success of their business is built on the principle of empowering employees across all levels to make their own decisions, as well as gaining a deep understanding of specific customer needs.
In this role, you will generate income and control risks by performing complex trading work, with medium risk tolerance.
- Apply a thorough understanding of trade to execute and monitor the short-term regional Panamax/Geared market. Strong focus on quality, well-timed execution – converting desk plans into reality.
- Assist the team to set and execute regional game plans based on supply and demand analysis - ultimately generating profitable growth.
- Pricing excellence. Ensuring time charter to voyage conversion is done accurately with a strong understanding of the regional nuances.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, identifying potential customers and foster existing customer relationships.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent understanding and prior freight trading background within the dry bulk industry
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience
Please contact Brijesh Mongia at email@example.com for a private and confidential discussion.