Reporting to the Head of Operations, Asia, we are currently looking for Senior Operation Manager, leading a team of operators.
Responsible for operating a fleet of about 8-10 ships and ensure compliance with organization procedures and industry regulations to ensure the safe operation of ships.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING | THE ROLE
- Familiarization of Voyage and Time Charter contracts requirements pertaining to his/her voyages and manage post fixture matters
- Proper voyage planning with the objective to optimize time saving and revenue, reduce costs, gather all required information
- Elaboration of (optimal) bunkering plan
- Providing timely and detailed instructions to the masters of his/her fleet
- Appointing and instructing agents, surveyors, stevedores, weather routing company in a timely manner
- Managing Voyage, i.e., monitor proactively all participants and initiate pre-emptive or corrective action whenever required.
- Preparing freight billings, approving payment of hires and miscellaneous vendors invoices
- Ensuring the full voyage accounting including closing voyages
- Monitoring the issuance and on-forwarding of all cargo documents
- Enforcing the company’s operational security, environment policies
- Working closely with our contract partners and maintaining the company’s high service standards and reputation
- Performing other varied tasks, including post-voyage analysis (financial and statistical), maintaining IMOS VIP, and SEDNA
WHAT YOU BRING | THE PERSON
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in vessel operations
- Sea-going experience is a preferred asset.
- Knowledge of the bulk shipping industry
- Knowledge of Maritime Operating System such as IMOS, a preferred asset
- Organized, fast worker, possessing the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Inquisitive and logical
- Results driven and strong problem solver.
- Ability to control costs
- Ability to build relationships and develop trust
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Flexible to work outside of office hours
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and SEDNA or other collaboration technology tools