Senior Risk Analyst (Oil Trading)
Our client is a global commodity trading company and one of the largest in the world.
Senior Trade Product Control Analyst will lead the financial risk management in commodity, foreign exchange risks and trading profit and loss for the defined businesses and areas. In this role, you will partner with key stakeholders within the Metals business to develop and implement the key controls to ensure operational compliance and accuracy of data and reports. You will lead the process standardization and optimization and develop new solutions to enhance automation and implement the transformation.
- Partner with key stakeholders to manage complex commodity and foreign exchange position reporting and reconciliation and ensure any significant differences are resolved and communicated appropriately.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to monitor commodity and foreign exchange exposure and ensure completeness of all the complex financial reporting within deadlines and compare against limits, escalate and resolve breaches of limits.
- Validate reports and reconcile trading profit and loss by line of impact with key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance of operations and monitor points of control.
- Develop and implement process simplification, enhance process standardization, optimize reporting and drive automation and transformation processes.
- Lead risk management best practices and improvement initiatives.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Utilize quantitative skillset in reporting and analytics to deliver specific reports pertaining to PNL, customer profitability etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Expertise in quantitative analysis, financial modeling, risk management.
- Experience in visualization tools such as Power Bi and Tableau
- Experience in finance operations with knowledge of financial risk management and related financial processes
- Experience in Metals Industry specifically understanding of Metal’s trading
- Experience in quantitative/basic programming skills like Python and R
Prior Beneficial Experiences
- Drive financial reporting operational and improvement activities
- Provide financial modeling input into business cases, costs and schedules to support growth in the business